October 4, 2011

Holy Guacamole

For our tailgate this weekend, it was decided that it should take on a Mexican theme.  As usual, we had some delicious food and good times despite a pretty sudden downpour at one point.  But oh well, that's what makes tailgates memorable, right?
that's Josh holding up the tent so the rain didn't cause it to collapse
(I'm watching from the back of the van laughing at them huddled underneath...
sometimes it really pays to be the one with a child!)

but at least after the rain we got a pretty rainbow!

and then had good weather (although a little chilly) for the game

Anyways to go along with our Mexican theme I decided to make guacamole and Margarita cupcakes.  I had found the cupcakes on Pinterest and was excited to try something new.  Let's just say if you like margaritas, you'll like the cupcakes!  They were pretty yummy and fairly simple to make.
But my real highlight was my guacamole.  I have made the guacamole several times, each with rave reviews.  This is a pretty no-frills guac that I just make in a regular bowl with regular potato masher...no fancy Mexican tools required.  It is so fresh and delicious, though, that even typing this now makes me want to make some more pronto.  Here's the recipe if you're interested:
  Guacamole
  • 3 avocados, peeled and pitted
  • 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
  • 3 tbsp. chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • pinch cayenne pepper
  • juice from 1 lime
1.  Mash avocados, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper in bowl.  Again, I just use a basic potato masher!
2.  Stir in tomatoes, cilantro, onion, garlic, and pepper.
3.  Refrigerate about an hour before serving.

1 comment:

Make my day...leave a comment