October 16, 2012

Tasty Tailgate Taters

Impressed by that alliteration?!?  I know...it was corny...but I had to do it!  But I digress...
The point is we had a tailgate this past weekend (as you know if you saw the pictures yesterday).  And like all of our tailgates, there was a theme to the food/drinks of the day.  And this week's was appropriately fall!  Easy enough, right?  Obviously when you think of fall and food, pumpkins and apples seem to dominate, but I also think of comfort foods...warm, bad-for-you, perfect!  So, I decided to make a potato casserole dish.
Besides being completely delish, this is one of the easiest things ever to put together.  It would make a great fall side dish or even work on your Thanksgiving table if you're so inclined!
Potato Casserole

  • 2 x 16oz. sour cream
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar
  • 2 x 3oz. bacon pieces
  • 2 packets dry Ranch
  • 1 large bag frozen shredded hash browns
1.  Preheat oven to 400.
2.  Mix first four ingredients in super large bowl.
3.  Add in frozen hashbrowns.  
4.  Pour potato mixture into 9x13 dish.
5.  Bake 45 minutes.

Told you it was simple!  But I promise, it's as tasty as it is easy, so try it out and let me know what you think:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment