April 10, 2013

Mickey's Choo Choo Party: The Conclusion!

OK y'all...last chapter in the Mickey's Choo Choo party...I promise!  So far, we've talked decorating, but there's so much more we need to address, so let's get to it, eh?
We'll start with my favorite topic: food!  With this being a kids party, I geared the food for the kids.  We did a hot dog bar ("hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog") as the main item.  I had kethcup, mustard, cheese, and relish available for toppings...I figured those were the basics with a little flair for any adults who wanted to fix themselves something!  I also set out a food train with six cars: produce (carrot sticks), fruit (grapes), animals (animal crackers), coal (Mickey Mouse oreo pops), logs (pretzel sticks) and spare wheels (Mac and cheese made with wheel pasta).



Instead of cake, I decided to do a cupcake train.  The cars were made from marshmallows on a toothpick with a mini Oreo stuck on with chocolate.  I just put chocolate graham crackers on top of the wheels and they held the cupcakes perfectly!



Done with food...moving on to activities.  I'm a firm believer that there need to be multiple options for the kiddos, so they don't get bored (read: whiny/fighting).  Of course, the Mickey bounce house was the main attraction.   
And I made a very basic cardboard train to entertain them as well




And we also had the train table out for them to play with.  

And when all else failed, they ran around the yard chasing each other...it was perfect!




And then there were the favors.  Of course, each kiddo got to take home his/her Mickey conductor hat.  But I also had bags packed for them which included a train whistle, some bubbles (steam bubbles of course) and Oreos (Mickey ears if want to make sure we stay on theme!).


Whew!  What a party, huh?!?  Hope this boy realizes just how much his mommy (and daddy...who funded!) love him!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment